Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients’ lives.
This position is in charge of planning, directing and coordinating all activities related to transportation. Handles domestic and/or International transportation request to meet customer needs. Responsible for evaluation and improvements of the transportation network.
Responsibilities Essential Duties
• Analyze, recommend and implement optimized transportation programs to reduce overall cost and optimize efficiency for movement of inbound/outbound shipments
• Ensure company compliance with all regulations and laws in accordance to the US Customs and Border Protection agency
• Manage the US base of freight carriers, customs brokers, freight forwarders, etc currently in use and potential new suppliers
• Work with BBraun freight group to analyze, recommend, and implement global freight agreements where possible
• Develop and implement a multi-year freight cost reduction program that will deliver yearly cost reductions to the US operations
• Work with product, operation managers on alternate product packaging configurations to optimize freight cost
• Maintain Homeland security (C-TPAT)
• Create/Monitor statistical reports to monitor freight volume and cost on a monthly basis.
• Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
• Develops policies, programs, and procedures for transportation system, including schedules, rates, routes, assignment of drivers and vehicles, and other terminal operations. Challenges processes, and works with key contributors in the processes to maximize efficiencies, improve processes, and eliminate wasteful activities.
• Documents setup process, creates standard operating procedures, and adheres to standard payment processes that maximize freight cost visibility.
• Assures department is in compliance with transportation policies, procedures, and programs.
• Medical device industry experience
• Builds productive relationships with vendors, Accounts Payable, and freight/logistics owners, and process support people to share knowledge, manage vendor accounts, and resolve issues to ensure the organization meets its contractual obligations as they relate to freight payment.
• Must embody the Company’s Vision, Mission and Values
• Other duties may be assigned
Secondary or peripheral job functions:
• Contribute to creating a climate of trust, ethics, and accountability by effectively seeking out and accepting feedback from others.
• Possess the ability to exceed expectations with the customer in mind and take responsibility for driving key results as well as empower others to achieve desired outcomes.
• Demonstrate behaviors that drive efficiency by understanding and improving processes as well as sharing best practices.
• This position has responsibility for transportation activities for Aesculap.
• This position is expected to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Select, train, motivate and develop a technical staff with experience to accomplish the team’s objectives.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Software Powered by iCIMS